Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Spring Dress


A few weeks ago I realized it had been ages since I had actually made something, so I rummaged through my drawers and baskets to find some fabric or other inspiring material. The end result was this dress, made from organic cotton/Ecospun fabric. I cut it directly on the dress form so that I utilized as much yardage as possible, therefore equaling minimal waste. Only the center back seam is machine-sewn and everything else is hand-stitched with plant-dyed embroidery thread. The little caps on the sleeves are cut directly out of the armhole, and though they lack hanger-appeal they look like little petals when the dress is worn.





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am a fan of this dress. It looks like it could work well for a tall person, too, perhaps... :)

Elizabeth M. Johnson said...

I love this dress, Sara! It seems that it would hang like a baby doll dress on a taller person. I hope you post a picture of you wearing it as a follow-up...