Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Things I've Made, large - assorted (knitwear) II

More knitwear. This one was knit on Japanese Shima Seiki industrial knitting machines. I designed the fabric, but I am most proud of my neck trim (which the photo barely does any justice). I was designing and simultaneously learning how to use the knitwear computer program, so I had envisioned the girls' heads to be much smaller. Due to the limiting time constraints, I wasn't able to alter the pattern.

Knit with wool I dyed and then spun into yarn on a drop spindle.
Recycled elk antler buttons.


Some fun shaping.

2 comments:

Maureen Cotton said...

Good room lighting. is that just with the lamps in your room? If so, I'm impressed with your camera. I like the close-up knit shots.

Sara Parrilli said...

Yes, and thanks lady.