Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Mass Audubon

Tuesdays are my favorite day off. Though I love to spend time with friends on weekends, weekdays are much more suited to adventuring. With fewer people and tourists about, it is far more enjoyable to go out into the world and expand one's horizons. Yesterday I made it up to the Mass Audubon Pleasant Valley Wildlife Sanctuary in Lenox, MA. They're currently running a membership special (includes two passes), so I signed up my mother and myself. Among other things, the membership allows you free access to all 45 Mass wildlife sanctuaries. The Pleasant Valley Santuary is I believe one of the largest state-wide, with 15 acres of woodland trails a long list of recent wildlife sightings.








In photographing these caterpillars, I'm trying to overcome my fear of them....






1 comment:

Maureen Cotton said...

whoa lady! these micro shots are gorgeous. so beautiful to see nature through Ms P's magical point of view...