Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Summer Rolls!

This recipe just came to me a few days ago. I was reminiscing over the peanut-basil moo-shu rolls I used to get at Zen Palate when I lived on the Upper West Side of NYC, 8 or so years ago. I decided to recreate something new in the memory of their deliciousness. Quite tricky using the rice wrappers, but I got the hang of it. I layered a green sauce*, bean thread noodles, toasted peanuts**, and mung bean sprouts (in that order) and then rolled everything up!

*Fresh basil, parsley, cilantro, and green onions all from the garden, plus fresh ginger, ume plum paste, chickpea miso, ume plum vinegar, rice vinegar, and a bit of coconut oil. Mixed up in the food processor.

**Finally nailed roasted nuts. About a cup of peanuts (chopped by hand), 1 tbs of maple syrup, and 1 tsp sugar. Toasted in the frying pan over medium and then low-medium heat (once the pan was hot), stirring constantly until golden brown.


No comments: